As a Business Controller, you have a feel for the business and an affinity with data management.
We are Last Mile Solutions
We are an energetic, passionate, no-nonsense company operating across Europe. As one of the leading parties in Europe providing white-label solutions for electric vehicle charging, energy transactions and smart cities, we work with a flexible and highly skilled team. All new developments of our SaaS platform are realised in-house. Our beautiful office is located in the historic centre of Rotterdam, ten steps away from the river Maas. We offer a fun, challenging, fast-growing work environment bursting with energy!
What you are looking for in a job
- The opportunity to develop yourself in your career
- You will be surrounded by ambitious colleagues
- You will be working for the market leader in Europe
- An attractive salary
- 25 holidays and 13 ATV days for full-time employment
- Full reimbursement of public transport costs
- Flexibility in working hours but also between remote and office work
- If you work in the office, a cosy office at a prime location in Rotterdam
- A delicious lunch whether you are vegan, vegetarian, halal or any other requirement
- A great working atmosphere, monthly drinks in our own bar, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues and just a really cool product you will be working on.
Your role as Business Controller
As a Business Controller, you have a feel for the business and an affinity with data management. To steer our international ambitions in the right direction, we want to strengthen the Finance Team, not only with capacity but also with knowledge and expertise. In this role, you will have a focus on the financial planning & analysis discipline. Together with the Head of Accounting and the CFO, you will draw up the strategic financial plans for the Last Mile Solutions Group.
In your role, you are responsible for providing, further developing and optimising periodic financial and non-financial management reports. You advise and support the various teams on financial issues, you direct and control accurate financial and non-financial information provision. In this role, you combine Business Controlling with thinking strategically about our growth ambitions and what we still need in terms of Finance to achieve this. Because we work with large amounts of data, you will need a demonstrable affinity with tooling such as Power BI or other data-analytical tooling.
So the challenges are at operational, tactical and strategic levels. And this is exactly what appeals to you in this position! Being allowed to act at different levels and grow together with Last Mile Solutions. For this diverse role, we are looking for a candidate who is ready for a 2nd or 3rd step in her/his career.
What you will do as Business Controller
- You will proactively advise, support and monitor the various teams in the field of financial and non-financial data management
- Business Controlling for the Dutch and foreign entities
- Providing internal and external management reports at group level
- Taking the lead in the annual budget cycle
- Supporting the cash and foreign exchange management of the various group entities
- You act as discussion partner at senior management and board level
You recognise yourself in
- A completed financial education at HBO or WO level
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience as Business Controller
- Demonstrable experience in managing large amounts of data, financial and non-financial
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English languages
- You are ready for the 2nd or 3rd step in your career
- You live in the Rotterdam area
- You recognise yourself in competencies such as: analytical, accurate, proactive, authentic with a hands-on work mentality.
And you recognise yourself in our core values
- Be yourself
- Follow your gut
- Focus on the goal
- See the bigger picture
- Dare to be different
Be part of the family
Last Mile Solutions has a very passionate and young team. Because we work on innovations every day, we all have the drive to further develop ourselves and our services. We work internationally for a wide variety of clients and are based in a beautiful office in the historic centre of Rotterdam, near the river Maas. We value commitment and a good atmosphere in our team. And we have a great joint company lunch, monthly drinks, fun outings, pinball and table football.
Or maybe you have a question? You can contact Team HR at email@example.com