We are Last Mile Solutions
We are an energetic, passionate, no-nonsense company operating across Europe. As one of the leading parties in Europe providing white-label solutions for electric vehicle charging, energy transactions and smart cities, we work with a flexible and highly skilled international team. We have an in-house developed SaaS platform which is the core of our company. Our beautiful office is located in the historic center of Rotterdam, ten steps away from the river Maas. We offer a fun, challenging, fast-growing work environment bursting with energy!
Your role as Group Controller
To steer our international ambitions in the right direction, we want to strengthen the Finance Team, not only with capacity but also with knowledge and expertise. In this role, you are the main sparring partner of the CFO. Together you will draw up the strategic financial plans for the Last Mile Solutions Group.
Your primarily responsibility is accurate and timely financial reporting, including all financial business analysis. You will do this with an international team of which some work abroad. You oversee and coordinate the work of our international accounting outsourced parties, you advise the various teams on financial issues, you direct and control an accurate financial administration. In this role, you combine Business Controlling with thinking strategically about our growth ambitions and what we still need to do for this in the area of Finance.
So the challenges are on an operational, tactical and strategic level. And this is exactly what appeals to you in this job! Being allowed to act on different levels and grow together with Last Mile Solutions.
The whole Finance, accounting and control team
The company is growing fast and so is the team. The current Finance team has two subteams; Credit control, which is responsible for billing and collection and – your team – Group control, which is responsible for accounting, reporting and analysis. As the company and the teams grow, we expect a further cascade of teams for planning & control and Accounting & reporting.
What you will do as a Group Controller
- Taking care of internal and external management reports at group level
- In a proactive way you advise, support and control the various teams
- Business Controlling for the Dutch and foreign entities
- Answering various international tax questions, with support of experts
- Cash management of the various group entities
- Improving and maintaining financial and tax related processes
- You act as discussion partner at senior management and board level
- Supervising junior and medior colleagues
You recognize yourself in
- A completed financial education at WO of HBO+ level
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international environment
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language and a good command of the French and/or German language is a plus
- You have a background in either business control and/or accountancy and have some experience with international accounting standards
- You recognize yourself in competences such as: analytical, accurate, proactive, authentic with a hands-on work mentality
- Experience with international tax law is a pre
Become part of the family
Last Mile Solutions has a very passionate and young team. Because we are occupied with innovations on a daily basis we all have the drive to further develop ourselves and our services. We work internationally for a great diversity of clients and we are located in a beautiful office in the historical center of Rotterdam, near the river Maas. We find commitment and a good atmosphere in our team important. And we have a great shared company lunch, monthly drinks, fun outings, pinball and table soccer.
What you are looking for in a job
- Attractive salary
- 25 vacation days
- A pension scheme
- A bonus scheme and a SAR scheme which allows you to anticipate within the company
- Flexibility in working hours but also between remote and office work
- If you work at the office, a cozy office at a prime location in Rotterdam
- Full reimbursement of public transport costs
- A great lunch whether you are vegan, vegetarian, halal or have other requirement
- A good working atmosphere, monthly drinks in our own in house bar, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues and just a really cool product you will be working on.
Or perhaps you have a question? You can contact Michelle Hartmann, Manager Recruitment & HR via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 646 23 88 08