We are Last Mile Solutions
We are an energetic, passionate, no-nonsense company operating across Europe. As one of the leading parties in Europe providing white-label solutions for electric vehicle charging, energy transactions and smart cities, we work with a flexible and highly skilled team. All new developments of our SaaS platform are realized in-house. Our beautiful office is located in the historic center of Rotterdam, ten steps away from the river Maas. We offer a fun, challenging, fast-growing work environment bursting with energy!
What you are looking for in a job
- The opportunity to develop yourself
- You are surrounded by ambitious colleagues
- You will be working at the market leader in Europe
- Attractive salary
- A bonus scheme and a certificate scheme which allows you to anticipate within the company
- A pension scheme
- 25 vacation days and 13 ATV days
- Full reimbursement of public transport costs
- Flexibility in working hours but also between remote and office work
- If you work at the office, a cozy office at a prime location in Rotterdam
- A great lunch whether you are vegan, vegetarian, halal or have other wishes
- A great work atmosphere, monthly drinks in our own rooftop bar
- A personal trainer twice a week during working hours and paid for by LMS
- A fully equipped gym in the office
…..and ambitious and enthusiastic colleagues and just a really cool product you will be working on.
Your role as Head of Accounting
To steer our international ambitions in the right direction, we want to strengthen the Finance Team, not only with capacity but also with knowledge and expertise. In this role, you are the sparring partner of the Chief Financial Officer. Together you draw up the strategic financial plans for the Last Mile Solutions Group.
What you will do as a Head of Accounting
The Head of Accounting oversees all activities of the accounting and tax accounting departments and is involved in the supervision and management of general accounting activities, analyses, business partnership, and the maintenance of effective internal controls while ensuring statutory compliance in all accounting initiatives.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day aspects of the business’s accounting and reporting functions and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer who takes responsibility over the entire financial department. It is additionally expected to work with other finance departmental heads in deciding on complex modeling of the business’s financial approaches that cut across the entire business.
In this leadership role you will supervise end-of-period processes You are responsible for: tracking, reporting, and analyzing budget variance; reviewing the company’s financial statements to ensure they are accurate; and preparing month-end reports for management, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
As the leader of the accounting department, you will be charged with motivating, developing, and creating a departmental culture and vision, taking responsibility for the success or failure of the quarterly/annual audit process. You are also responsible for building talent across the accounting department and supports continuous improvement initiatives across the finance department. You serve as thought leader within the business and partners with senior management contributing to general financial management across the business.
You recognize yourself in
- A completed financial education at HBO or WO level
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in an international environment
- Demonstrable experience with international accounting
Affinity with fiscal topic
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language
- You are ready for the 3rd step in your career
- You live in the surroundings of Rotterdam
And you recognize yourself in our core values
- Be yourself
- Follow your gut
- Focus on the goal
- See the bigger picture
- Dare to be different
Become part of the family
Last Mile Solutions has a very passionate and young team. Because we are occupied with innovations on a daily basis we all have the drive to further develop ourselves and our services. We work internationally for a great diversity of clients and we are located in a beautiful office in the historical center of Rotterdam, near the river Maas. We find commitment and a good atmosphere in our team important. And we have a great shared company lunch, monthly drinks, fun outings, pinball and table soccer.