Legal Counsel Privacy & Data Protection
As a Legal Counsel Privacy & Data Protection, you will be the point of contact within our international organization for various Legal topics with a focus on Privacy and Data subjects.
We are Last Mile Solutions
With over 143,000 charging stations, 800,000 charging cards, 53 million transactions and users in 22 countries, we have become the largest independent provider of e-mobility platforms in Europe. Our platform is flexibly adaptable to the needs of our customers.
We have defined our customer groups into CPO, e-MSP, Energy & Utilities, Automotive & OEM, Municipality & Governments and Fleet & Lease Companies. In addition to customers, we naturally have to deal with our international roaming partners and suppliers.
All new developments of our SaaS platform are realized in-house. Our beautiful office is located in the historic center of Rotterdam, ten steps away from the river Maas. We offer a fun, challenging, fast-growing work environment bursting with energy
What you are looking for in a job
- You will join the market leader in a sustainable, dynamic and fast-growing market;
- Attractive salary;
- Outstanding employment package;
- Flexibility in working hours but also between working remotely and in the office;
- 25 vacation-, and 13 extra ATV days ( fulltime );
- If you work at the office, an office at a prime location in Rotterdam;
- Full reimbursement of public transport costs;
- A great lunch in our bistro whether you are vegan, vegetarian, halal or have other requirement;
- Twice a week a Personal Trainer at the office ( and we’re building a gym as we speak );
- A good working atmosphere, monthly drinks in our own in house bar or rooftop terrace, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues and just a really cool product you will be working on;
Your role as Legal Counsel Privacy & Data Protection
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel Privacy & Data Protection to strengthen the legal team ( 1 FT ) and to manage the organization’s anticipated growth. The opening of this vacancy shows that within LMS we are making the professionalization that fits a scale-up organization. Our ideal candidate has a general legal working background with an proven expertise in data & privacy matters in a technology environment.
You will have full ownership of the privacy compliance program and collaborate with different stakeholders across the company to operationalize privacy initiatives and implement controls. You will partner directly with the Privacy Officer to find a balance between compliance and protection with data enablement for the benefit of the company and its commercial activities
Besides working on Privacy & Data protection you’re also in the sales / tender phase in which you advise Team Commercial on risk management of the contracts to be concluded, Team Operations needs your expertise in case of any discussion on the execution of SLA’s, and Team Roaming needs a sparring partner who looks with them at international roaming contracts. So you are involved in the whole cycle within our organization and your stakeholders are in all departments.
And this is just one example. Currently, the team consists of 1 FT. Your colleague will mainly focus on contract law. But together as a team, you are multi-taskable and therefore not only focused on only contract, and privacy & data law. You report directly to the CEO.
What you will do as a Legal Counsel Privacy & Data Protection
- Provide (ad-hoc) legal advice for privacy related matters globally;
- Keep up with new developments in data protection and privacy laws globally;
- Maintain privacy policies and procedures;
- Perform third party services risk assessments and negotiate data processing agreements and data protection issues within commercial contracts;
- Overseeing the compliance, on both sides, of KPIs and SLAs;
- Identifying relevant changed or unforeseen circumstances;
- Playing a supporting role in active risk management;
- Take a leading and advising role in establishing new contracts with customers, partners and suppliers;
- Using knowledge and experience to further develop the various teams in the area of legal contract management;
You recognize yourself in
- Master’s degree in law, preferably specialised in privacy and data protection;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar role, preferably in a multinational environment;
- Solid knowledge of EU data protection legislation (GDPR, ePrivacy);
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch & English
Clear communication-, negotiation-, and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships;
- You live in the Randstad Area;
- You love working in a sustainable, dynamic and fast-growing company;
And you recognize yourself in our core values
- Be yourself
- Follow your gut
- Focus on the goal
- See the bigger picture
- Dare to be different
Become part of the family
Last Mile Solutions has a very passionate and ambitious team. Because we are occupied with innovations on a daily basis we all have the drive to further develop ourselves and our services. We work internationally for a great diversity of clients and we are located in a beautiful office in the historical center of Rotterdam, near the river Maas. We find commitment and a good atmosphere in our team important. And we have a great shared company lunch, monthly drinks, fun outings and many sports activities.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Team HR at email@example.com