We are Last Mile Solutions
With over 183.000 charging stations, 973.000 charging cards, 73 million transactions and users in 22 countries, we have become the largest independent provider of e-mobility platforms in Europe. Our platform is flexibly adaptable to the needs of our customers.
Our commitment to sustainability, efficiency, and innovation drives us to develop groundbreaking solutions that redefine the future of mobility. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a talented Software Development Manager to join our dynamic team in Rotterdam.
What you are looking for in a job
- You will join the largest independent e-mobility SAAS platform in Europe
- A great challenge in the dynamic and sustainable sector of E-Mobility
- Ambitious colleagues as sparring partners
- Training and development opportunities in an international environment
- Flexibility in working hours but also between working remotely and in the office
- 25 vacation-, and 13 extra ATV days (fulltime)
- If you work at the office, an office at a prime location in Rotterdam
- Full reimbursement of public transport costs
- A great lunch in our bistro whether you are vegan, vegetarian, halal or have other requirements
- Twice a week a Personal Trainer at the office and every day use of the gym
- A good working atmosphere, monthly drinks in our own in-house bar or rooftop terrace, enthusiastic and ambitious colleagues and just a really cool product you will be working on.
Your role as a Software Development Manager
As a Software Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development of software solutions. You will manage one or more product teams (6-12 persons). In this role you will collaborate with the product manager to ensure technical health is included in the roadmap, and long-lasting solutions are developed, and set the technical vision for your product teams.
In the role of Software Development Manager, you are responsible for the well-being and functioning of all team members in the designated product teams.
You coach the team members on a day-to-day level, allowing them to develop their careers step by step. You teach them to work independently, to say no to internal customers and how stakeholder management works.
Together with HR, you determine the training needs of the team members, organise brainstorming sessions and you are the first point of contact for leave and absence. In addition to the soft skills of the team, you will naturally keep yourself busy with the technical side.
Together with the team, you are responsible for the (further) development of a future-proof technical implementation. You oversee the delivery process, escalate where necessary and you are able to get all team members to work together towards the common goal.
You facilitate the making of technical choices (including component choice and service landscape) by the team members. You challenge them, you ask critical questions, you give positive critical feedback and in this way the process will continue to develop. You strive for simplicity and steer towards removing technical debt, maintaining a healthy balance between innovation and maintenance.
- Collaborate with the product managers on roadmap priorities
- Organize brainstorm on improving test coverage within team’s domain
- Facilitate discussions on system’s architecture, and usage of components
- Organize trip to conference to ensure team’s knowledge is at an equal footing
- Organize workshops on providing feedback to ensure an open culture of learning
- Coach developers to reach his annual goals
- Collaborate with HR for HR topics
You recognize yourself in
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proven experience in writing software, with at least 2 years in a leadership or management role
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams
- Previous experience in a complex matrix organization and/or in a fast-growing organization
- Experience working in a product organization, eager to bring developed best practices and lessons learned along with you
- Fluency in English and Dutch
And you recognize yourself in our core values
- Be yourself
- Follow your gut
- Focus on the goal
- See the bigger picture
- Dare to be different
Unsolicited services or offers from recruitment agencies or intermediaries will not be responded to.
Are you interested and would like to apply directly, or do you have a question? If so, please contact Team HR at firstname.lastname@example.org